Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Beam Me Up Scotty" - Interview with NC artist - Brey Quick

1. Your latest song is: My latest song is a track called "You Live and You Learn" Basically about everyday situations in my life. Real life situations, that taught me very valuable lessons. 

2. How does this song describe you as an artist? I only write about things that really to me. So to answer your question. The song is ME. I like to keep it as real as possible. So the song shows you a few different sides of me. 

3. How long have you been in the music business? I still don't consider myself in the music business yet. Not until Im wanted by a few major labels. On the other hand, I have been rapping, and writing since I was about 11. I didn't take it serious until Jan. 2010. 

4.When did you realize you wanted to be a music artist? January 2010 I felt like I had the talent. So now Im just trying to showcase it. 

5. Where do you see yourself in the long run? In the long run I see myself respected in the music business, taken seriously as a producer and artists, and eating! And by that I mean delicious foods and dead presidents

6. If you could describe your music in one word, what would it be? Versatile.

7. Who is your inspiratio? Why? I don't have a WHO inspiration right now. My inspiration is not so much a person. it could range from a variety of things. From Visual Art to Fashion to 90s Grunge rock. 
 
8.  Who do you want to collab with one day? One day I would love to collab with Andre 3 Stacks. Hes so versatile, I think we could do some damage. 

9. Besides music, what other ventures are you working on? Right now Im about to start getting back in to Art. Painting Mostly. I majored in Studio Art in college. I have been drawing and painting since I could hold a pen. Also, maybe a little clothing design. I got a nice eye for fashion. 

10. Where are you from? Where did yu grow up? Is this displayed in your music? Im from High Point, NC. I grew up in High Point, NC and Lakeview, SC. Its def shown in my music. My southern accent is obvious and you can hear me upping HIGH POINT every chance I get. The place raised me. 

11.Do you have a particular saying that identifies you?  SkyedUP (Sky-ed Up) I heard people saying Ski-ed Up Like they have their nose in the snow or something. SkyedUP represents Truth, Loyalty, Honor, Respect, and a few other things... 

12. Who are you working with and what are you doing to become a signed artist with a national label? Right now im working with 2 other members on the SkyedUP Team (WhiteMic, Tim Lawrence, and Colby) also Elevate Music Group artists Reem Dollaa, Reefa Legrande, Classical The Great, Jacori, Steele, to name a few and many other artists literally all over the world. 

13. If you weren't an artist, what else would you be doing? Well Ive played sports my whole life. Particularly basketball. I received a full 4 year scholarship to Division 1 school High Point University, graduated and Played 2 season Pro in Iceland. That being said... Basketball. I REALLY got game, if you trying to step on the court. I played PG/SG. We do numbers over here haha

14.Who is your target audience? When you write, who do you have in mind? My target audience would def be from 18-35. Maybe even 40. My fans range from Freshmen in college to 40 year old parents. When I write, Im targeting anyone who is old enough to have real life happiness and issues. 

15. Where can justTovi.com readers/viewers find more of your work?You can find more of my work, right now here: www.Soundcloud.com/BreyQuick -- www.Facebook.com/BreyQuick -- www.Twitter.com/BreyQuick -- www.Myspace.com/BreyQuick
 
Brey Quick's Latest Video to "Beam Me Up Scotty" can be found at justTovi.com.
 

*SPECIAL THANK YOU TO BREY QUICK FOR TAKING THE TIME TO INTERVIEW WITH JUSTTOVI.COM. LOTS OF LUCK AND MUCH SUCCESS TO YOU.  

1 comment:

  1. I heard some of Brey's music i look forward to hear more and more his creativity basically paints a movie throughout his music....DOPE ,2 thumbs up keep it coming

    ReplyDelete